Temperature is still over 30°C here, I don't do much except sleeping, drinking and showering.
Mandrakelinux has a small perl script to find unused packages called urpmi_rpm-find-leaves. I tried rewriting it using ruby-rpm and got a real surprise : perl version spends 11s while ruby version only 3.3s !
OK, the difference is between perl-URPM and ruby-rpm, not between perl and ruby, but I'm happy :-)
Someone asked for a way to get the current traffic in the console. I explained him a way to do it and wrote the small script. I guess thousands people did it before, that will be one more :-) Yes, I know I don't handle when the counter goes back to 0, but that will fail 1 second every [insert a long time here].
I started hacking an unofficial version of Mandrake Move to replace KDE by Gnome and add PLF codecs. Currently it boots but fails to start X :-)