I have recently patched Iurt (Mandriva build tool creating a chroot with build dependencies and building a package) to totally rebuild a media more easily.
I have run it on Cooker Main i586, and after switching to tmpfs on a powerful machine, it needs only 42 hours to handle the 2937 src.rpm. That's good news as it means I can run it every week-end even if we use this machine on weekdays. I'll try to improve it more to be able to also run it on Contrib.
I have also updated Youri to handle current output of Iurt. It used to parse it many years ago when Iurt was used to rebuild for x86_64 the packages that where missing there, but x86_64 became a mandatory arch uploaded at the same time in 2005.
The current score is: 137 failures out of 2937 packages (4,66%), quite bad. Let's see next week how it evolves :)
Update: this may not be that bad as some failures were due to temporary issues not related to the package (like name resolution failure breaking python tests). I have restarted the build as we actually are starting a week-end :)